Our sustainability strategy focuses on the SDGs from the United Nations.
The commitment to top quality defines every work step at mey.
This applies not only to the quality of the products, but also to the conditions under which they are produced. To ensure this quality, we hold ourselves to exceptionally high standards for the industry and assume social responsibility for our employees. We mainly produce in our own factories in Europe. Short transport routes are more environmentally friendly and safeguard good jobs.
Our entire company is a family. We communicate respectfully and as equals, recognising and greatly appreciating the contribution made by each individual. Our interactions with each other are open, honest and sometimes even emotional. Constructive criticism expresses how passionate we are about excellent products. We define our contribution to a sustainable society in terms of the following five viewpoints.
1. Product stewardshipPeople who buy our products wear them on their skin every day and, in doing so, make a statement about sustainability and quality. That is why all of the materials that are used in our products undergo strict quality control. Since January 2021, our entire volume of material has also been certified by external institutions. We proudly underscore our commitment to the environment and society with independent audits by GOTS, FSC® and Grüner Knopf. This provides transparency and security when purchasing bodywear.
2. EnvironmentAs a family-run company in the mountains of the Swabian Alb region, nature is particularly dear to our hearts. The regular calculation of carbon footprints for our locations in Germany, Portugal and Hungary, our support of climate projects, and a regional project for regenerative agriculture with positerra are proof that we back up our words with action.
3. Supply ChainExcellent collaboration with our suppliers and partners is a prerequisite for our success. We are continuously improving our supply chain management and are in close contact with our partners. This includes a mutual understanding between us and our mainly European partners, as well as regular monitoring. These contacts, which to some extent were reliant on on-site visits, have changed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. With regular video calls and agreements, we maintain our standards, and we also cover ourselves through certifications from external service providers. Having been awarded “Grüner Knopf” (Green Button) certification, we have reached an additional, important milestone on our path to a transparent supply chain.
4. EmployeesTo live a sustainable lifestyle that also goes beyond our products, sustainability is a matter of course at our company locations. Sport, health and advanced training opportunities, like those offered at the mey Academy, inspire our employees to make a commitment today to the issues of tomorrow.
5. Society and social issuesSocial involvement is firmly anchored in our corporate culture at mey. That is why we actively support projects that are close to our hearts. Long-term cooperation is of particular importance to us in this context. This allows us to make a valuable contribution to society beyond our core business activities and to ensure greater social equity over the long term.
We take responsibility. Since 1928.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) from the UN include 17 goals to secure sustainable development on an economic, environmental and social level. It was adopted in the 2030 Agenda at the 2015 UN Summit. The key message as guiding principles are the 5 Ps: People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace, Partnership. (UN, 2019).
Sustainability is a pillar which secures the foundation of our company
Here at mey, we see sustainability as a pillar which secures the foundation of our corporate success over the long term. By continuously improving our standards, production processes and goals, we will continue to make a contribution in the future by producing durable and premium quality products while also using less power and resources. Our sustainability strategy focuses on the SDGs from the United Nations with particular attention paid to goals 7, 8, 12 and 15. mey will be concentrating on these four selected SDGs until mid-2021 and continuously work on implementing relevant improvements in the company.
mey wants to make a significant contribution to the SDGs 7, 8, 12 and 15, which is why we have set the following goals for 2021: